A MAN charged with murdering his wife and two children in the early hours of the morning in the Sydney suburb of Albury has pleaded not guilty.

Key points:Man charged with the murder of his wife, his two daughters and his son has been remanded in custody A jury will hear the evidence at the NSW Supreme Court in Hobart on Thursday morningMr McInnes was taken into custody at about 2:45am after the shooting was reported to police in the town of Altona about 30 kilometres south of Sydney.

A NSW Police spokeswoman said officers were called to the address at about 3:00am after reports of a shooting.

“The deceased were found at a home in the vicinity of Almanah Street and the address was then searched,” the spokeswoman said.

Police said a man had been shot in the head and was taken to hospital, but did not provide any further details.

Mr McIngnes, from Southland, was remanded into custody until March 21.

He is due to appear in Hobbs Local Court on Thursday afternoon.

No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting.

Mr McItnes has been charged with two counts of murder, two counts with the use of a firearm during a riot, two more of using a firearm to unlawfully interfere with the exercise of a function or occupation, and one count with the discharge of a dangerous weapon.

His trial is due at the Northern NSW Court of Appeal on March 24.